Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a Nice Weekend!

Oh how I love Thanksgiving! We had such a nice holiday weekend, spending time with our families and with each other. On Thanksgiving day, we helped prepare a delicious meal, and watched a movie with the Olsen family. We visited my family later on in the day, and watched another movie. It was so nice to spend time with all of the people we love, and really think about the many blessings Jared and I have in our lives. I often feel overwhelmed when I think about the good things in my life and how lucky and blessed I am, and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me these wonderful things to be joyful about.

The rest of the weekend was filled with relaxation, movies, family parties and a Jazz game. Twilight and Quantum of Solace were the movies of choice- and both were pretty good! The Jazz game was especially exciting, because we got tickets with special privileges to go eat dinner and snacks in the VIP room in the Energy Solutions Arena.

Also, we checked out our townhouse, and it is so close to being finished. We are still hoping to be in it the weekend before Christmas, which is only three weeks away! It is painted, and our tile looks so nice. Our cabinets should be in by the end of this week. It has been so much fun to watch our little plot of land grow a house! We really can't wait to start living there.



We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

3 comments:

Connie and Jimbob said...

It WAS great, wasn't it! My favorite holiday, and I got to spend some of it with the Olsens as well. We love you both.

Brandy J. said...

It was a pretty perfect Thanksgiving! I like your new backdrop...very Christmas-y.

Erika said...

Your house is looking great! I am really exited for you guys :)