Sunday, November 23, 2008

A good way to spend my time

For the past few weekends, I've employed the help of my mom and sister to complete a project for the Festival of Trees. I've been going to the Festival of Trees for as many years as I can remember. It started with my mom. She decorated and donated a few trees when I was younger, and the Festival became a traditional mom and sister outing every year. I loved walking up and down the aisles, listening to Christmas music, smelling cinnamon and scones, and feeling the magic of this charity for Primary Children's Medical Center. When Jared and I were dating, I became involved on the small fry committee thanks to Tammy and Brandy, and the rest is history. While this year we are taking a little bit of a break, I've still been able to donate some of my time to the festival. My mom and I have made several double batches of suckers, we've decorated about 130 really cute plates to be sold at the small fry shop, and I'll be working a shift or two during festival week.

I love the Festival of Trees, and the spirit of giving and love it gives me. If you have the time, make sure you stop by the Southtowne Expo Center and see why so many people are hooked!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you kept up the tradition! Way to go.

Rob and Tammy said...

Thanks for all the support and help you have given me over the years with Festival of Trees. You and your family are amazing!

Nickessa said...

I LOVE the festival of trees also. It's become a traditon of ours to go every Christmas and we have since we've known each other. This will be our 4th Christmas going...and we look forward to it every year! I think it's great that you do so much charitable work for the festival.