Saturday, October 18, 2008

Picture Day

Well, yesterday was picture day at the school where I work. I love picture day! Seeing all of the little girls with bouncy curls and all of the little boys with gel in their hair makes me smile. I love watching parents straighten ties, comb hair and wipe the faces of their cute children. It went smoothly, just so you know, and we were on schedule most of the morning. As I participated in this picture day, it reminded me of the same day last year, which wasn't a very good day... Let me tell you about it. I woke up, and took special care to make myself look nice for the day, because I had to get my picture taken as well. I walked outside to drive to work and, looking at my regular parking spot, my car wasn't there. hmmmm... I thought maybe my husband had taken it to work, so I started looking for his car. It wasn't there. Then I started to panic! I called Jared, asking "Where is my car?!!, where is my car!!?"


Needless to say, my picture day last year was memorable, but not for good reasons. I did get to work and had my picture taken, and I could tell that my hard work in the morning to look especially nice was in vain. My eyes were still a little swollen from crying and I was still a little pale. Great news, my little green Honda found its way back to me, and with a few repairs was as good as new. I was so glad to have it back! Many thanks to those who carpooled Jared and I around while we were without it!



This picture was taken at the impound when we picked it up. Happy reunion! Those thieves stole my nice wheels though. Grrrr.

5 comments:

Connie and Jimbob said...

Ah, I remember that day clearly as well. Nothing is worse than having a child call when they are as upset as you were! Thankfully your little car is safely home!

Lindsey said...

Cass, you crack me up! I'm glad you had a good picture day:)

Anonymous said...

We are glad your baby found its way home.

Shannon said...

Oh that dreadful day. I hate those thieves! I am so glad it was a better picture day this year.

Brandy J. said...

We too are glad this year's picture day went better. You two have had enough car problems to last a lifetime!