Tuesday, October 7, 2008

European Vacation


At the end of May, the Olsen family went on a pretty awesome trip to Italy and Greece. We haven't been able to share our pictures with many people, so we thought that a post on our blog could help us tell a little bit about our vacation. We started out in Venice, and we spent a few days there. Venice is awesome, I loved that there were no cars. Even the FedEx delivery guy drives a motorboat! After Venice, we rented a car (Yes, we drove in Italy and it made my heart beat fast!) and drove down to Florence, where we saw the famous "David." After Florence we drove to Pisa, and spent a night there. Pisa was a quiet, charming city and the leaning tower was definitely leaning! I'm surprised it is still standing. Next, we went to Rome. Driving into Rome was quite an experience, and I was glad to say goodbye to the rental! Rome has so many things to see and places to go, and it was so fun and exciting to see such great history and art. We had such a great time in Italy, and even took a day trip to Pompeii. Enjoy the pictures, next time I'll tell you all about Greece. It sure was beautiful!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Those pictures are awesome. It is so cool that you guys have been so many places! I think Venice is so beautiful I would love to go there someday.

Love ya!

Connie and Jimbob said...

Kinda makes me wanna see your pics all again--remember that we saw like about 2,000 pictures in an hour??

Erika said...

I love all your pictures! It looks like you guys had lots of fun.
You guys are such a cute couple. :)

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! What cool places to go to!

Mateo said...

You really need to bring those to the next family function and show them off. Not many folks in the Mackay/Wilcox/Pearson families have been to places like that! Show-And-Tell!!!

LeeAnn Barker said...

*SIGH* It's all so beautiful, and the real thing, not cheap copies as per Las Vegas. I hope you soaked it all up and committed it to memory, for recalling now & then, to also *SIGH*

Nate&Bobbi said...

cassidy, I found your blog from heather bibos. It's good to see you are doing well. What an exciting trip. I love Italy. We drove a car when we were there and I was glad to get rid of it too. Anyway, let's keep in touch.

Brandy J. said...

Holy canoli that was a fun trip (did you catch the Italy reference!?). Opa!!

Rob and Tammy said...

Cass I am surprised Jared doesn't have finger nail marks in his shoulder still from me holding on to him as we drove in to Rome. Never again will we do that!!!!

Unknown said...

nice blog!
if it will inspire others to travel to Rome I suggest to look into vacation rentals in rome to find an apartment or hotel room in the area of the eternal city you like best....ciao

Newt said...

Hey Cassidy!! I just found your blog you guys are so cute. So I was actually living in Florence, Italy when you guys visited there. I lived there for 4 months. I just got back in July it was amazing, it's such a beautiful country.