Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In the Movies


Since Jared started working at Jordan Commons last January, we've definitely seen our fair share of movies. Going to a movie was a rare occurance before he worked there... We didn't want to spend all the money and risk being dissapointed. Now, we see movies all the time. We go to a movie at least once a week, maybe every other week. Why not when we don't have to pay for it? Here are some of our favorite flicks of the summer, because we saw so many!


The Dark Knight- This was Jared's favorite. He couldn't wait for it to come out, and he was not dissapointed!

Iron Man- Action packed, and also funny. Robert Downey Jr. did a super job!

Kung Fu Panda- For an animated film, we thought it was great. Very funny and very entertaining.

Get Smart- Much better than we thought it would be. We love Steve Carell, and he did a good job as a goofy James Bond wannabe.

Ghost Town- I know this movie isn't technically a "summer" movie, but we had to include it. It was so funny! The whole theatre was roaring during some parts, and I thought Jared was going to have a heart attack!

Wall-E- Pixar films are always enjoyable, and this one wasn't unlike the others...Cute, tender, silly, and the animation was incredible.


As for some of our least favorites...We weren't too fond of The Incredible Hulk or Indiana Jones. I loved the music in Mamma Mia, but the rest of it didn't thrill me. The parts where Pierce Brosnan sang cracked me up though!


What movies did you love this summer?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I've only seen The Dark Knight and Mama Mia. It's nice to have someone who knows what movies to see or not to see! I still really want to see Wall-E.

Connie and Jimbob said...

The only two I saw this summer--Wall-E and Mama Mia--were both pretty good. I love Abba music and I play it in the car all the time now! Keep posting your opinions on the shows, I like it!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2. One reason that I enjoyed it so much could have been that I went with three adorable 14 and 15 years olds plus alot of it was filmed in Greece and since we had just gone a few weeks earlier it made me reflect on our own travels.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Cass! I am so glad that you found me so that I could find you! I am so glad that you have a blog now!!! Your townhouse looks like it is going to be way cute!!! We need to get together!!