Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's all about who you know, right?

Hi there friends and family. This week Jared and I had a big change. Megaplex Theatres and other Larry H. Miller companies had to let go of 50 employees, and unfortunately, Jared's position was one of many that were dissolved.

Although we are very sad and shocked, (I guess no more free movies, dang it) we are very hopeful and excited for any new opportunities that could come our way. We know that most jobs are found by networking and talking with people you know- so if any of you out there happen to hear of anything Jared might be good at, just let us know! We'll be so happy to hear from you.

9 comments:

Rob and Tammy said...

I can't believe that Grandma Carole offered to make your house payments. That made me cry when Jared told me that. You two are loved so much!!

Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry! We can relate, it's a tough situation. I work at McDougal Funeral Home and they MIGHT be looking for someone to sell pre-need funeral arrangements. I think it's mostly commission, but... Not sure if it's down your alley~ if you want me to look into it let me know. Good luck!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I am sure he will find something...Jared is smart and has good experience. you both are so good and faithful too I am certain you will be blessed soon! We will keep our ears peeled and you guys in our prayers!

Julia M. said...

What a bummer. I will spread the word. Does Jared like sales? My brother owns a company called Pinnacle Security in Orem. Look at workforpinnacle.com and you can get more info. I know they needs TONS of help this time of year! Good luck!

Connie and Jimbob said...

We KNOW all will be well. Faith will get you through...

Love you both!

Nickessa said...

We can relate a little...Nick's work is so unstable right now. We will be on the lookout and you are in our prayers! Love you two! :)

Nickessa said...

Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Cass and Jared said...

Thanks everyone for your support, we love you all!

Maili said...

Have him check out Intermountainhealthcare.jobs! They are always hiring even entry level things..but at least it is something! :] Good luck! I am so sorry to hear it (sorry I was blog stalking!! hehe I was looking at Lindsey's and saw your name!) have him apply for anything and everything he is qualified for!!