Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Best Birthday Ever!

Last Thursday was my birthday. It was a delightful day. Children were excited to tell me happy birthday and sing me songs all day long at work, we went to dinner with my favorite people (the Olsen and Wilcox families), and had them over afterward to hang out and open gifts. The day was great, and Jared gave me the best present ever. He got a new job! When he told me I cried, laughed, and breathed a sigh of relief. We consider ourselves so blessed to have this new opportunity.

We know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and heard our prayers. We are so grateful for all of the support and prayers on our behalf, and can't thank those around us enough for giving us kind words and advice through these few weeks.

Jared will be working in the HR department at a company called DWG and associates. He already has great experience in this field, and he enjoys this type of work very much. I know that he'll do a fantastic job with this new company, because he is such a hard worker, a great learner, and he's pretty smart too. I'm pretty lucky to have him!
The gang at the Olive Garden. We had a great time!

5 comments:

Julia M. said...

Congrats on the job! And happy birthday. It sounds like a perfect one. :) I'm happy for you two!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASS!!! Congrats to Jared too on the new job! SO happy for you!!

Suchans said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on the job to Jared! Crying, laughing and a sigh of relief sound so familiar! What a great feeling. Love you guys.

Erika said...

Happy late b-day! I am really happy that Jared found a new job, what a relief for you guys! :)

Nickessa said...

Happy Birthday Cass! I just breathed a sigh of relief myself when I read that Jared got a job...that's awesome! So happy for you two!