Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week in Review

I apologize for taking so much time off from the blogging world- time went so fast that I didn't realize I had been gone so long! Jared and I have had a fun week together...let me just give you a little update.

1. We spoke in church on Sunday, which always throws me for a loop. I get so nervous, and it takes me forever to prepare for it because I want so badly to say the right things. Jared, on the other hand, puts it together the morning of (and does a great job), and mocks me while I tell him I might throw up. (just kidding, he doesn't mock me, he just wonders why it makes me so scared.)

2.I had a lovely half a day off on Monday-which was really nice. I got a lot of work done in the short time I was there. You'd never believe how much work I can get done when I don't have adorable children telling me that they might throw up, that they forgot their lunch, or that there's a giant poop in the toilet that might not go down.

3. I made Jared and I a cafe rio salad for dinner the other night, and it was actually quite mouthwatering! I have a cookbook that has the recipes for the rice, beans and oh so delicious creamy dressing. I topped it off with some homemade guacamole and it was deliciouso!

4. I watched American Idol. I hate it when American Idol comes back on, because I love to watch it, but feel like it's a waste of my time. Especially when they have 2 hour episodes!

5.I drove home in some really thick fog/smog yesterday. It was actually really cool, because as I was driving down the freeway, all I could see were the taillights of those closest to me. I couldn't even see the huge green exit signs until they were right above me. It seemed as if they were appearing out of thin air!

6.We had some friends over last night for pizza and games, and it was a lot of fun. We played malarkey, scene it, and some old-school video games that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

Now it's Saturday and a new week will be here and gone in no time. How does time go so fast?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good week! I am totally the same way about speaking, I have to prepare way ahead of time, practice, and I am still nervous. I was laughing so hard about what kids tell you at school! I am impressed you can handle it...I know mine and your gag reflexes don't tolerate those things too well!!! Hope you have another great week.

Connie and Jimbob said...

Do not consider American Idol a waste of your time, please, because if it is a waste of your time it is therefore a waste of my time and I want to watch it guilt free!!! HAHAHA!

Lindsey said...

You are cute. The big poop thing made me crack up and I want the recipe for that salad dressing! Ew, those two comments don't really go very well together.

Nickessa said...

I really dislike speaking in church. Nick can prepare his so quick but for me I'm sweatin' all week long about it!! I love cafe rio, I bet your salad turned out yummy!

Shannon said...

I think all men are good at speaking in church and it is not fair! I dread the day when I have to speak in my new ward! I'm sad I didn't get to see you yesterday! Have a wonderful week!

LeeAnn Barker said...

HAW HAW HAW! The poo made me laugh. And it never stops--the poo--for one day here at work, walking down the hall to the restroom at this Active Seniors' clubhouse, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a little puddle o poo, right there on the floor before me, equadistant tween the Mens & Womens, and whoever "sponsored the loser" was long-gone!

"Ooooooh, izzat, izzat, izzat...AGH--it IS oooooooooooh!"

Brandy J. said...

Okay, you've got to give us the recipe for the Cafe Rio salads. Yummy!