Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Other Room

We have an extra bedroom in our house, and it doesn't have a purpose. We have our bedroom, the office, and the... other room. I've been thinking about what we could do to that room to make it look complete, and this weekend we finished it! I thought that if we bought a little chair it would maybe feel more like a den or reading room. So, yesterday morning, we got up early and drove up to the avenues to pick up a peach (yes, peach) chair. I found it on ksl.com, and it is quite perfect for what I wanted it for. After that, we went to a really neat store called second hand chic in Sugarhouse and bought some accent pillows. This store was so cute! All of the items in it were used, but the collection of items were so detailed and beautiful and cool. I loved it! Now we have a reading room, that doubles as an art room ( which makes me think I should really start another project). What do you think about my chair?




On a different and more random note, I have an extremely large bruise on my knee. I have no idea where it came from, and it's driving me nuts! You would think I would remember a blow that hard-hard enough to make my knee turn purple- but I don't! Don't you hate that?

11 comments:

Brandy J. said...

I love the chair! I can't wait to see your cute new room all put together. I'm sure it looks great.

Shannon said...

Love the peach chair! You are going to help me decorate my house some day okay?

Connie and Jimbob said...

I wuvvvv the chair! (and the knee sockies too...) Hey I have loved havin you home during the daytime for a couple weeks---do you hafta go back to work tomorrow??

This Place is a Disaster! said...

is this the chair you are going to re-cover or are you content with this as it is?

Cass and Jared said...

Hi Mel- I'm content with it for now- but if I change my mind, I'll be comin' to you for advice!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I love the chair, it looks so cute!!!!

leesa said...

I love the chair Cass!

Nickessa said...

Definitely cute. I love that style of chair. You are so creative! Love your new home. So, so jealous.

Laurie said...

Hey Cass :D you look so good! I found you on someone else's blog so I thought I would say hello :)

Julia M. said...

I would love to hang out in that "other room!" So cute. I can't believe how well put-together your house is for just barely moving in. I want to come and see it soon!

Amber Madsen said...

What a cute chair! Congrats on the new house, you've decorated it in an ADOREABLE way! I want to visit that second hand chic store, it sounds fascinating